Digital ACxD has partnered with Self Lender, a financial technology company with a mission to help people build credit, particularly those who are new to credit or who might not have access to traditional financial products.
Right now, we do this through offering our Credit Builder Account, which is an installment loan that enables people to build positive payment history (if they make their monthly payment on time) while they save money for a rainy day.
Heres how it works:
- Apply for a loan thats held by our bank partners. Your money is secured and protected in a bank account.
- Pay off the loan in 12-24 months. You can choose a repayment plan that fits your budget.
- Each payment builds credit history and adds to your savings. Your payments are reported to all three credit bureaus.
How does a Credit Builder Account work?
A Credit Builder Account is a credit builder loan, which is a small installment loan thats held in a Certificate of Deposit (CD) at one of our bank partners. The account is FDIC insured and is held in your name.The Credit Builder Account at Self Lender works in the following way:
- You can join Self Lender at no cost and then apply for a Credit Builder Account. Once approved, you pay a one-time, non-refundable administrative fee for the Credit Builder Account.
- Our bank partner lends you a small loan, which the bank holds onto until the loan is paid in full. The loan funds are held in a Certificate of Deposit (CD) that is FDIC-insured.
- The next month, you start repaying your Credit Builder Account by making equal payments over the term of the loan. Each month, your payment history is reported to the three major credit bureaus, Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. Payment history = 35% of your FICO credit score.
- At the end of the term, once youve paid off your loan, your CD matures and unlocks. The principal amount you put in (minus the interest paid on the loan) unlocks and comes back to you.
- Unlike some other credit builder loans, the Self Lender Credit Builder Account is available online or via our mobile app in all 50 states. It does not require you to make a large, upfront deposit.
- Please note – the Self Lender Credit Builder Account does not provide immediate access to funds. So if you need loan funds immediately, please consider a different option.
- Remember! Its important to maintain active credit accounts with positive payment history to maintain or improve your credit score. So once you finish your Self Lender account, be sure to continue building credit through either another Self Lender loan or other credit-building option.